Thursday, April 17, 2008

RSS and all that....

I found RSS feeds interesting but once again overwhelmed by the volume and scope of feeds available. It took me forever to settle on my 5 feeds and next I'll be tackling adding a couple of them to my own blog.
I have to agree that using RSS feeds at the moment seems to be adding more pressure to my time-poor existence, not reducing it. I really just want to have the one place to go that will deliver everything at my fingertips (email, news, photos etc) so having all these different accounts somewhere is confusing and time-consuming. Hopefully as I become more familiar I'll find a way to consolidate them all into a one-stop-web 2.0-shop.
In the library environment though, I'd love for my library's website to have an RSS feed available. It would be brilliant to promote events and new resources this way.

No comments: