Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Woohoo Wikis!

I love wikis! Apart from Wikipedia I knew very little about them. I can see HEAPS of ways they can be used in my library.
Some wicked wiki ideas:
  • develop a wiki to communicate with branch libraries
  • intranet wiki for procedure manuals (this is my fave idea as it's my job to update all of these!)
  • use a wiki for specific projects (would have been brilliant to use for coordination with our young Living Books for our "Living Libraries" project just completed)
  • staff and client book reviews with a link to and from our existing website and catalogue

Now to join a wiki about being a new parent & balancing work and family....... maybe I should start my own!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to hear you are so enthusiastic about wikis. Like you say, there are many applications for us.
Hope you enjoy your further discoveries.
Kathleen A.