Friday, May 16, 2008

Second Life & wrap up

Wow I had never actually heard of Second Life and was blown away by it's concept and popularity. Kinda makes me sad though - why do so many people in the world feel they need a 'second life' or 'alter ego'. Are we that unhappy with what we currently have?
Anyway, enough of my deep and meaningful musings....

I'm not sure about using a social networking site for the library, maybe setting up a Facebook page could tap into that traditionally difficult teen market a little more but I think there are many other Web 2.0 features I would implement before going down this road.

Well, I've finished the course and really enjoyed it. I've got heaps of plans to get underway to start using some of these things I now know about, but in the immediate future at the very least I'll be able to offer much more help to any clients using the Library PCs for their Web 2.0 stuff!
The course was really well organised and I'd recommend it to any person of any position working in any library.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the program, and that you have gathered lots of ideas to try out in your library.

Victoria

P.S. Hope your team does well too!