Thursday, May 15, 2008

Slammin!

I think 'Slam the boards' is a brilliant concept for librarians to raise their profile as experts again. With more & more young students using the net for research as their first port of call, they seemed to forget that there is something called a 'book' which is full of the answers they need - and they need our help to locate it! I think answer boards are a great way to get librarians back in the spotlight again as experts in our field, but this time in an online environment.

Did that even make sense?? Sorry, had a late one last night & it wasn't even bubs fault!! I need a caffeine hit if I'm going to keep going with this today.....
I'm a tiny bit competitive & a couple of fellow staff completed this course yesterday so I'm out to prove I can get it done too!

No comments: